Little Nyonya - Penang Assam Laksa Paste [Halal] 小娘惹 槟城亚叁叻沙酱 250g
Penang Assam Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup from the Peranakan culture, wich is a merger of Chinese and Malay elements found in Indonesia, Malaysia and singapore. Penang Assam Laksa is a sour, fish-based soup. It is ranked at number 7 on World's 50 Most Delicious Food complied by CNN Go in 2011. It is made with mackerel (ikan kembung) soup and its main distinguishing feature is the assam or tamarind which gives the soup a sour taste. The fish is poached and then flaked. Other ingredients that give Penang Laksa its distinctive flavor include lemongrass, galangal (lengkuas) and chilli etc. It is served with cooked thick rice noodle and typical garnishes include: mint, pineapple slices, thinly sliced onion, cucumber, lettuce, cooked fish meat, Ha-Ko, a thick sweet prawn paste, and use of torch ginger flower.
Ingredients to prepare:
Fresh fish (sardine)/canned mackerel
Daun kesum (optional)
1. Boil the fresh fish in water until cooked. Remove the fish, debone it and set aside,
2. Add assam laksa paste to the fish soup.
3. Add in vinegar, ginger flower and daun kesum and bring it to boil.
4. Pour the soup on laksa noodle.
5. Garnish with fish meats, onions, lettuce, cucumbers, ginger flower, pineapple and mint. Ready to serve.
Onion, Lemongrass, Tamarind, Chilli, Ginger Flower, Sugar, Shrimp Paste, Salt, Pineapple, Mint, Turmeric, Flavour Enhancer (E621).
Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in Bold.
BBD : 04/04/2023